Thursday, March 19, 2009

[Diamond]

So. . .its been a while. . .

One of the guys that goes to youth group (will keep his name anonymous because I'm not sure he wants it put up here) has been having some trouble with temptation of all sorts. He is so easily tempted and I have been trying my best to just be a friend to him; talk to him, hang out as often as possible at church, etc. I have noticed him grow a lot spiritually, he has been learning a lot and I know he has a heart that wants to change and mold itself according to God's will.

Well this last Sunday, we got into some pretty intense worship at Velocity. I was just getting to into it and eventually collapsed face down. When the last song ended, I looked back and noticed this guy was on his knees, face down in worship, and crying his eyes out. he talked to me about it a few minutes after CJ's message was over, and he described an image to me that God put into his head during worship.
He described it as a cave scene; CJ, Tim, and myself were standing there with pick axes. The three of us were staring up at this huge, spotless diamond. As CJ, Tim, and I walked closer to it, it started to get covered in dirt, grime, muck, anything that can un-shine a diamond.
He interprets the image as himself as the diamond, and the grime, muck, etc. was all these things that have tempted him and possibly will tempt him in the future. After he said all that, the image moved to the three of us running around the diamond, chipping off all the dirt/grime/muck that was un-shining the diamond.
He was the diamond. CJ, Tim, and I have tried to become close to him and are trying to help him and protect him from all these temptations that surround him.

I'm not really sure where I'm going with this post, so I'll probably just leave it here.
Jesus lives. Temptation is out there and its not gonna go away unless you are willing to change and willing to let people know about it so they can help you through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment