Thursday, March 12, 2009

[psalm 151. . .]

I have placed the fate of my life in Your hands, Lord.
Rid me of all these impurities that the devil has used to weaken me
and cover me in darkness,
for in You there is light, there is hope, there is life.
I cried to You for help, Father,
and You placed before me a path to rid myself of impurity forever.
I am walking a path of brightness
and feasting on the living water that keeps me going day by day.
No matter how terrible my sins, the love that You have shown me
and the blood that covers me,
it liberates me from the past and from the darkness that surrounds it.
We will meet You face to face someday in Heaven,
but not because of what we have done,
but in spite of what we have done.
We are so undeserving of the grace You have given us
and we are forever Yours, Lord.


Statistics show that upwards of 99 percent of men struggle with the 'impurity' discussed in this psalm. I want to throw a prayer request out; that I, as well as anyone else that this applies to, would live out the words above.

These lyrics echo around me whenever I reread this psalm.

"How I long to be broken
How I want to be near you
How my heart skips beats when
Your love accepts me as I am"

The Glorious Unseen

No comments:

Post a Comment